Thursday, October 11, 2007

Don't Forget the Car Care bowl

Edit for incorrectness: Of course when I read the Big East bowl lineup on the Big East website I didn't see the 2006 for Navy ONLY in the Car Care bowl. A Big East team will go there this season which means the rest of below post irrelevant.

I will keep it for posterity's sake and a reminder to read the fine print. Thanks all.

John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watched Navy and Pittsburgh and it looks like the Meinkie Car Care Bowl in Charlotte is going to go with the Mid Shipman. They are 4-2 after beating Pitt in overtime and could be 5-1. They are going to get to seven wins and probably eight and even 9.

They get the bowl game in place of a Big East team if eligible.

That leaves 5 Big East bowls, and much like last year, six probable teams bowl eligible (everyone but Pitt and Syracuse).

6-6 isn't going to get it done for the Huskies much like Pitt failed to go last year to a bowl. UConn has to go a minimum of 7-5 to get into position for perhaps a bowl that can't fill its conference tie ins. An 8-4 record would guarantee a bowl bid at 3-4 0r 4-3 in conference.

It's too early to think about it, but that Meinike Care Bowl is gone.

On Pitt, I don't know what to say. 2 and goal from the 2 1/2 and they throw it twice down 48-45 in overtime? I don't get what's going on down there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Navy have an agreement with the Poinsettia Bowl? The Poinsettia Bowl seems pretty confident that they get Navy...

Anonymous said...

The guy above me stole my comment. Navy had the deal with Charlotte last year. This year it's the Poinsettia Bowl. Before the year, I'd love to see UConn in Charlotte. Now I'm blinded by expectactions. I want to go to Miami.

John said...

Thanks guys. I read the Bowl Lineup on Big East website and they still have Navy taking the Car Care Bowl in 2006 only.

It's 2007, the Big East should update the lineup and exclude navy fro even a mention.

But it was my fault. Charlotte is a place I would want to go. Beats Toronto Jan. 7. BTW, applied for a passport yesterday.