Sunday, October 21, 2007

Final, final thoughts

Just wrote a notebook about Taylor play, and you know what? I am sick of it. So here is how I feel in as short as possible. THEN NO MORE TAYLOR STUFF unless it is news.

On play: Bad officiating, can't blame Taylor. Did what he is supposed to do. Louisville should have played the whistle.

On Impact on game: Important, but not decisive. A little over blown. Doesn't taint the win. 17-7 rally is the story. No need for UConn to apologize. Win's a win.

On Taylor: Can't blame him for bad officiating.

Referees: Clueless

Edsall's non-take: Disappointing.

That's it, I got a column and notebook on Taylor. running tomorrow morning. Then, it's back to football. I won't even link the columns this time. I don't want discussion on it. Don't even think about asking.

Edit: LOL. Just won't end. Like a Freddy Kruger movie. The Big East is acknowledging that it was an egregious error on the play. It is an unusual move, but they felt it was important to make it public.

Just spoke with John Paquette, Big East associate commissioner half and hour ago:

"We acknowledge that an error was made on that play, and we are taking action accordingly with the officials. An error was made on the call and we are taking appropriate action because we thought the error was serious enough to warrant action. We aren't making the (discipline) public but we are acknowledging (that it will take place). "

I asked about the Tyvon Branch play, and there was no admitting of an error on the Big East's part. That doesn't mean it was the correct call.

Okay, no more Taylor stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to hear a member of the CT media say that. Especially given that it's the truth.

Anonymous said...

By the way, can you look into why Anthony Davis didn't play? We never heard a report of an injury, yet he was a DNP. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks John. I appreciate your ability to look at all sides.

Anthony Davis was the apparent 2 deep mystery injury from last weeks RE Injury Chronicles. Stay tuned for further episodes. (grin)

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.