Ok, real quick. Got to watch the Giants-Cowpokes.
Alex LaMagdelaine is probably out for the next two weeks (left knee I imagine, though UConn doesn't release injury info anymore). Lawrence Green is going to start. Steve Brouse is day-to-day.
Everyone else is fine.
As far as Saturday's game. Randy wasn't happy with the emotional and energy level of the team. The team wasn't falt, but they didn't play with the enthusiasm they had earlier this year. It was energy mroe than anything.
Lorenzen had a bad game, but he got hit a ton of times and was rushed. Hard to pass under those circumstances.
5 comments:
Could you make some observations on the Arod situation? thanks
Observations? LOL.
A-Rod is a goner. I think the yanks are not interested in paying him the kind of money that he wants. Yes, the yanks can afford him, but he has been a headache for 4 years. It's been all a-rod all the time.
It's probably best o part ways. If I am A-Rod, he should jump at the chance to be in New York. But, it's obvious that he doesn't care where he plays. Yankees/Red Sox/Angels ... he will play anywhere.
His performance, the postseason not withstanding, has been one of the best 4 year runs in Yankee history. He is the best player in the game.
But, I think the yanks were willing to put up with other stuff if it meant getting A-Rod with the Texas discount. Yanks were paying A-Rod about $17 million a year. That's a bargain. They weren't ready to double that, and I don't blame them.
Yanks probably win 83 games this year if ARod wasn't on the team. He is tough to replace, but I don't think it is impossible.
Could you offer observations on the current political climate in Venezuela and possible economic implications of the successful implementation of Chavez's proposals?
Oh, and is Robbie Frey still at the #3 spot or will Lou be making his way back onto the field?
Huskypantz, right down my ally.
The continuing instability of the socilaist/odictorship Chavez regime is having a negative impact on the price of oil worldwide (or positive if you are a speculator and bought low. But negative for the consumer). The uncertainty there along with the policitical uncertainty in the Middle East and in Africa is building in a conflict premium into the price of oil.
When you factor in the increased demand associaed with the continued economic expansion in China and India it is driving up oil prices worldwide.
The nationalization of the oil fields by the Chavez government is partciularly worrisome because if there is no profit motivation, how do we know that the Venezuela is drilling oil to its capacity? Or even searching for more natural resources. The elimination of the free market and competition is going to stunt progress and more drilling as well as efficiency and eventually inflate prices.
I would say the price of oil still isn't based solely on eupply-demand, but rather a fear of political instability worldwide that is putting a premium on the price. Venezeula is just one of the causes...
LOL. I got a political blog at work! I have found my calling. Sorry for the rant. Anyhow, Robbie Frey is No. 3. Big Lou isn't going to be in the stadium on Saturday.
Post a Comment