Kanuch watched as what was supposed to be his breakout junior season turned into a nightmare. He had seven catches for 69 yards and the Connecticut wide receivers were among the least productive in the FBS last season ranked 109th out of 119 teams. Kanuch would go entire halves without the ball being thrown his way.
It wasn’t what Kanuch was expecting. The passing game around the Huskies had collapsed and in every way it was a lost year for the speedy wide receiver from Johnstown, Pa.
“Miserable,” Kanuch said when asked to reflect on last season. “I was hurt all the time and the hamstring nagged at me all year. That was miserable and then getting nothing thrown my way. It wasn’t that great a year. It wasn’t what I was hoping it would be. I came in with such high expectations and it went to hell five days into practice. After that, it was whatever.”
I am working on a Jerome Junior story for today and of course there is the advance. On some other things, take a look at the Courant's Jeff Jacobs' column today on Zach Frazer. I thought the exact same thing when talking to Frazer. It was a Hernandez or Lorezen double take. Just because you are the starting quarterback doesn't mean you have to be boring. I want my Zach back!
Everyone works hard and wants to win. We know that, it's how you do that that we are intersted in. Perhaps he was just nervous...no not with the game coming up, rather the wrath of Randy Edsall. I have a good feeling about Frazer.
I don't like the fact that pundits are picking this as an upset. A 4-8 MAC team from a year ago against a UConn team that blew out the MAC champion last year? I know it's on the road, but I have to figure out if Ohio's defensive line can take the size and strength of UConn's. That was the difference in the Buffalo game. UConn's line mauled Buffalo.
Last tip. I checked out ESPN360 yesterday and for some who can't figure it out here is an option. First off, go directly to espn360.com to access the network (assuming your ISP is a provider).
If you are bummed you have to watch it on your computer, have no fear.
If you have a somewhat fast processor on the laptop and an HDTV, I would look into hooking your laptop up to the TV through the VGA connection (nearly all plasma's and LCD TVs have this). Check out this link to figure it out: http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/How-To-Connect-a-Computer-To-Your-TV/.
DON'T BUY the VGA cables for monitors over 32 inches. Get the cheaper VGA cable for "smaller" monitors. You won't notice any difference at all. The difference in quality won't be noticeable off a streaming internet feed. Instead, the extra $20 you save you can send to me.
Now for audio, you are going to have to hook up your laptop or computer to your sound system. Either use an input on the TV or connect it straight to your home theatre system. A regular stero red and white cable will work fine. Just go to Radio Shack if you don't have one. They should be about $10.
Now if you have a digital outs on your computer, well then you know what your doing anyway.
Good luck. I did this for the NCAA tournament MMOD and it was terrific. As long as your computer can handle the streaming video (needs a high-powered processor and memory).
No comments:
Post a Comment