Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday in Dallas

I expected it to be hotter here. The weather is partly cloudy and about 75 degress with no humidity.At least that's it in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.

Today is a day for some sightseeing. Just got back from the Texas Book Depository, which is a tremendous museum. I got goosebumps looking out the window of the 6th floor. I know Kennedy's assasination was 45 years ago, but the place still has some kind of power. Perhaps because Ted Kennedy died recently I am more attuned. Of course I have pictures of the building (no photography inside) and I walked around a bit on the grassy knoll. If you come here, I highly recommend the museum.

The funny thing is for such a bigger than life historical event, the building isn't that big and the grassy knoll is just a small piece of grass. It's just a simple side street on a parade route. The museum wades into a lot of the conspiracy stuff too. That's always fun. Anyhow, highly recommended.

I am going to hit the new Cowboys Stadium tomorrow to get a peek. I can't wait to show my disdain for the house that Jerry built. It's not helping there is a Cowboys fan club party going on in this hotel. There are at least 30 Mariott properties in this area. Why me? I am tempted to put on my No. 9 pink Jessica Simpson-- Tony Romo jersey. You know, Tony has great looks. Perhaps he can play Super Bowl champion Eli Manning in the movie. He isn't raising the Lombardi Trophy any other way, that's for sure.

I don't get Baylor - 10.5. I wouldn't take that
Publish Post
bet with your money. Chow, got to eat and do some work.

No comments: