Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday is here...when's the game?

I am thrown off. It's Saturday afternoon why isn't the game being played today? Couldn't ESPN put on The World's Strongest Man competition from 1980?

This is going to be a ratings killer Sunday-- USF-UConn (ESPN,8:15 pm), as in it might kill college football. No Giants for me this week (a bone of contention), and the game is going against the NFL, the season finale of True Blood and Entourage as well as 24 Redemption.

I strike a good balance of work and pleasure, this is starting to infringe on pleasure. OK, so it's 67 degrees vs. 20 and I am in Tampa going to watch a football game. I cede the point. Journalists are essentially complainers anyway. If we aren't railing against something then there is something wrong. And, considering the weather, and where I came from, I'll work for free this weekend (kidding).

Off topic, but this is keeping me up at night. Has Entourage jumped the shark?



The show has had a glorious five-year run, but there is no way Meadow Soprano is in any way ever going to "hook up" with Turtle. The suspension of belief is too great. We even learned Turtle's real name -- Sal. It's all down hill from here.


Anyhow, it's 67 degrees out here and I have given the ND-Syracuse game a half. I saw Syracuse last week. I will have game stuff tonight or maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, care to revise your post season commments in light of ND suprise lose to syracuse? ND has become a total joke; talk about jumping the shark; still riding on glory days from 50 years ago.

Anonymous said...

John, care to revise your post season commments in light of ND suprise lose to syracuse? ND has become a total joke; talk about jumping the shark; still riding on glory days from 50 years ago.