I have to head back down to Rogers Centre field in 30 hour.
Anyhow, the curfew tonight is 1 a.m. Edsall doesn't expect all his players to go out because of the weather. About 40,000 people are usually in downtown Toronto for the New Years. Not sure it will be that tonight, is scheduled to be -14 Celsius with a nasty nasty wind chill that I expect to reach absolute zero.
OK, enough whining I know.
*Tony C is going to do kickoffs in place of Cullen, who is fine.
*Everyone is healed up and ready to go.
*Edsall declined to talk about Ambrose and the offensive coordinator position. He is going to to address it after the bowl game.
*Edsall was again defended Tyler Lorenzen and his QB play. He expects a much better game out of Tyler on Saturday.
*The bowl tickets have gone slow (will get an official number when I get back down there), but Edsall understands the economy, weather, the fact UConn men and women are playing and such. Still, he was adamant that a bowl game is an important step for the program.
He mentioned how Illinois went to the Rose Bowl and is now siting home. He rejected the idea that even at 7-5 the Huskies' bowl game isn't helpful. The fact there is practice, that they players get rewarded means a big deal to the program.
*Talking about Donald Brown, Edsall went into detail how about a player he can be in recruiting. Although the HUskies didn't win as many as they thought they should have, they did get a lot of recognition because of Brown. That has helped in recruiting. You can go to the NFL, be an all-American, be BE Player of the Year at Connecticut. That's an important step.
*That's about it for now, let me write and then go down for more.
2 comments:
John, how do the players feel about going to Toronto for a bowl game? Just happy to go? does it feel like a non-conference road game?
I will post this after. Players are excited. It's a different experience and I don't think the fan appreciates why these games are important to the players.
The players know it isn't Miami. Still, I think they are genuinely excited. It is UConn after all and bowl games aren't a birthright.
Post a Comment