Can we all take away the Manager of the Year award for Joe Maddon yet?
Did someone tell him it was Game 5 of the World Series. Surely, he understands that just because the game was suspended in the sixth inning doesn't mean you have to manage the game from the sixth inning like a two day break didn't happen.
The Rays sat for two days waiting to play this game. And after 48 hours, the best Maddon could do was bring back Grant Balfour? Then, Chad Bradford in the seventh? Chad Bradford...
Where was David Price? Chad Bradford was out there looking at the pen for Price. He couldn't believe he was in.
Maddon made Charlie Manuel look like a genius. You know how hard that is to do?
Maddon plays this aloof professor quoting Albert Camus of all people. It's fitting their season ended in the rain with inaction, exasperation, and disorientation. It was an "existential-like" end to the season for the Rays. Maddon should stop reading Camus and start reading Baseball America.
Joe the Manager isn't the real deal either. All frauds I tell you...
How nice was no pregame show yesterday? It only took millions of dollars to keep McCarver's opinion off the air. Who would have thought? We are starting a collection for next year.
Baseball should go to 4 inning playoff game.
Did they sell beer at the game on Wednesday. It was after the sixth inning, so did those Philly fans have to go dry?
Who makes that decision? You think Brad Lidge had pressure.
The NBA started and I am one of the few NBA nuts out there though we are going. If I had to come back as any pro athlete, I would want to be an NBA player who never plays. Brian Scalibrine is living a charmed life. All you do is hang out, shoots some hoops in the pregame, and sit and watch the game. Hmm,sounds like a lot what I do. even better, I would like to be a hurt player.Then you don't even have to get changed. Pervis Ellison is in the HOF in my book.
Anyhow, I saw Greg Oden turn his ankle and I just want everyone to know give him a break. Anyone approaching senior citizenship age is liable to hurt there bones.
OK, cheap shot, I know . But I got to do a group interview with greg Oden a couple of years ago when he was at Ohio State. I was down in Lexington, K.Y. in the first round covering CCSU, so I went to talk with Oden and it was one of the more bizarre interviews I can remember.
Oden looks in his 40. He could be Bill Russell's twin. But there he was being interviewed and he was talking about what cartoons he likes. This is a 7-foot-1 man-child who looks older than everyone else in the NBA. And, he was telling people he liked Mighty Mouse and other cartoons.
I kid you not.
Teleconference time.
What the chances we find out who the QB is?
100-1.
No comments:
Post a Comment