Saturday, October 31, 2009

Gameday Rutgers

So much for the great weather. It's overcast here. A good day for football, but not some kind of beautiful day as everyone was touting. Ok, it's pretty nice out here for gametime.

Are UConn and Rutgers rivals?

I don't think its there yet but I don't see another candidate for the Huskies barring a revival of the Boston College game (which would be the rival). Rutgers and UConn to me are more a sibling rivalry. Rutgers and UConn for better or worse are tied at the hip.

They both are measured against each other no matter how much Rutgers hates that. This is another measuring stick.

A little disappointing here at 11:43 that the stadium is half full (about 75percent full at 11:51). I don't get it anymore. It's better than it usually is, but the Huskies I think have earned the right to have fans come in and take their seats. The student section is full. Put down the beer and the hot dog and go into the stadium. It's a problem, and the rest of college football notices.

Nice touch by the UConn band with a white No.6 shirt. Here are photos of the pregame. The band was absolutely tremendous. During the Battle Hymm of the Republic the sun came out just for a moment.The crowd cheered.














No comments: