Friday, January 2, 2009

In today's JI

Here is the INT Bowl coverage.

Clearing the way
. Story on the offensive line and it's abilities.

Today's notebook.

Just got back from the luncheon and Jesse Jackson was tremendous. Perhaps the most powerful moment of the speech was he asked the football players if they knew of people who have been jailed, taken, or even been killed over drugs. To see the players who have been touched by this social scourge was eye-opening.

Sometimes when you are in college you forget where your from. It's such a cocoon. Who knows the lives some of these guys go back to.

I also talked with Willie Evans, the Buffalo running back who along with a teammate were not allowed to play in the Tangerine Bowl in 1958 because they were black. It was an inspirational morning.

I know you guys are clamoring for blog entries, but, it's Friday night and I got to get this baby wrapped up so I can actually get one night of enjoyment. It's been non-stop since I got here.

I have 3 stories to write for various media conglomerates. Later.

I will be back late after I pay the bills.

No comments: