Of course the big news had nothing to do with the game. Randy Edsall addressed Notre Dame. Here is what I have from it. It's just some quotes and missing some context, but you get the drift.
Edsall on playing Notre Dame at a neutral site:
“What we try to do is grow the program and we want to grow it on a national level. (To do that), you play teams with a national following. No school has more of a national presence than Notre Dame.”
"To play the team enhances our program. You get tremendous exposure."
"Would I like to play them at Rentschler Field? I would. But, that is not an option."
If House bill House bill 5878 passes:
"To not be able to have an opportunity to play, it hinders our opportunity as a football program."
On losing a home game at Rentschler Field: "We are going to work diligently that we have six home games a year. We are not losing any games at Rentschler Field."
"Have we taken anything away from East Hartford?"
On how strong he feels about playing the game:
"I wouldn't have put 9 1/2 years (of building the program on the line) if I felt that in any way, shape or form this wasn't an advantage for the University of Connecticut. I would have told (athletic director) Jeff Hathaway that it is not right.
"I hope people understand that we are trying to do what is in the best for four football program and the university."
No comments:
Post a Comment