It looks like Texas may have blinked and they are looking into the viability of the Big 12 at 10 teams.
http://texas.rivals.com/.
To me that's bad news for the Big East. It would seem that Missouri would be out of the Big 10 expansion list, and that means the only way Big 10 goes 13 or 14 is if it's East to either Maryland of the ACC or the Big East.
I have read a lot of the expansion stuff. Some of it's garbage. I never believe TV reports or radio reports. I don't find those local media outlets credible. They never pan out. I always look for a media source close to the decision maker. Texas has Orangebloods, and they have nailed this every step of the way.
I have a gut Texas may go to the Pac 10 anyway. Universities always err on the side of progress. It's not just about money in the next 4 years. It's money over the next 20 or 30 years. Also, they have to get commitments from Missouri and A&M that they won't bolt to the Big 10 or SEC. The ship may have sailed, or they are having cold feet.
We should know tomorrow. And, if the Big 12 remains, we probably won't know the Big East's fate for another 6-12 months as the Big 10 can take their sweet time trying to convince Notre Dame to become No. 13.
FYI: I am going to be moving the BLOG from Blogspot to the Journal Inquirer's own blog network in the next couple of days. When I have the URL, I will make sure to send it out. I hope you all make the transition with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment